Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yesterday was my 22nd "First Day" of school. It also happened to be my last (barring a rash decision at some point to further my education through grad school). So, it was my last time to awkwardly enter a classroom desperately praying I knew SOMEONE in there. It was my last time to be completely overwhelemed in one 50 minute period by the mass amount of work that I would be accomplishin over the next few months. It was my last time to wander through the building attempting to find a room number....since Sweeting is so confusing.

I liked the illustration that O'Neal gave about senior's last semester. He said that it is a lot like firing a shotgun, and being from Oklahoma, I liked that expression. When you first fire a shotgun, it bangs around a lot in the barrel as it projects forward.....this is kinda like your freshman year where you have a lot of quacky ideas and need to be aligned. By the time you are a senior, and as the bullet exits the shot gun, it is already shooting straight towards the mark, and the last few inches of the barrel, and the last semester, provides just a bit of guidance to an already straight shot. In words I can understand even better, it's the finishing touches to a painting. :) So, I'm ready profs, paint away.

No comments: